Today we talked about the planes hitting the towers and what went down. Mr. Schick told us where he was and how he found out about it. Then we reviewed for the test that's tomorrow. The odd thing is that 9/11 is both a happy and sad day for my family. Today is my mom and dad's anniversary but also the anniversary of 9/11. My parent's 26th anniversary is a happy thing but my dad is not always happy. See, my dad's company got a huge contract in 2000, and the contract would have sent my dad up to be promoted and sent to the World Trade Center. My dad politely declined and gave it to his friend because my dad couldn't leave where we live. He has lived here his whole life. Well, Salisbury but anyway, my dad's friend was going to work in the building with several others from my dad's field. I think God stepped in here sand saved all of these men from my dad's company though because about six weeks later his company lost the contract and all of the promotions were gone. Everyone was devastated because they were so happy to get a pay raise and get promoted to the Trade Center. About four months later, the planes hit and everything went dark. My dad's company was so sad because the other company that took the job openings was a good neighboring company that they worked with. After hearing that the buildings fell my dad's company donated tons of money to the families they knew. My dad's company donated a total of 32 billion dollars to the tower victims. Then my dad's company teamed up with the neighboring company and was eventually bought out. The main company is now called AECOM and they design and construct airport terminals like the ones at JFK International.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog